- Besakih, Bali, Indonesia
- +62-361-7445880, +62-811398469
Besakih Temple & Karangasem – Private Tour
Highlights on this tour are: Kerta Gosa, Klungkung, the famous Besakih Temple, Goa Lawah, Bali Aga Village, Candi Dasa
- Tour Code: GS 31 A
- Starts: Every day
- Pickup: At 08:00 – 09:00 am (hotel pick up)
- Price: US$ 50 / Person. (Min 2 persons)
This is a private tour, it means there is no other participant, just only you and your companion.
About Besakih Temple:
Besakih Temple known that since the 15th century, The first recorded mention of its existence is from an inscription that dates from 1007 A.D. Since the Gelgel dynasty of the fifteenth century it has been regarded as a central, holy temple for the entire island. It was regarded as the central temple of Hinduism in Bali.
After pick-up from your hotel, this tour takes you to the famous Besakih Temple at the foot of Mouth Agung, through rice field terraces and on to Bali’s scenic East Coast.
First stop is Kerta Gosa, the hall of justice, in Klungkung, which dates from the 18th century. You trip continues up into the mountains, stopping to admire the view from Bukit Jambul over rice terraces with the sea glistening in the distance. Then its into Besakih Temple, almost 1,000m above sea level.
Besakih is the “Mother Temple” of Bali and probably originated as a prehistoric sanctuary where offerings were made to the god of Mount Agung.
Back at sea level, we visit Tenganan – one of the original Bali “Aga” villages where traditions have changed little over the centuries. Our drive continues through the beach resort of Candi Dasa to Kusamba, a small fishing village, followed by Goa Lawah (Bat Cave) where the walls of the cave literally vibrate with thousands of Bats. The cave is considered to be holy, with shrines and a temple protecting to entrance.
On the way back, you can have a free traditional balines massage (45 minutes) at the G-Spa Denpasar.
The tour ends at your hotel.
– Pick-up and drop-off from hotel in Bali
– Trasportation in aircondition car or van.
– Private touring
– Sightseeing as per itinerary
– Admission and donation to attraction where applicable
– Goods & services tax
– Free Spa treatment (45 Min)
– Meals and drinks, Lunch can provide at a nice restaurant in Candi Dasa (USD 12 p. Person)
– Personal expenses
– Tips and gratuities
– Optional activity costs
– Languages other than English are available on request. Please inquire.
– Other personal expenses are not included and will be on personal account. (Airport Tax, meals, drinks, souveniers, tipps)
– Prices are net per person and inclusive tax and service charge.
– Booking must be min. 2 days in advance.
– Don’t forget to bring: Sun protection, photo camera
Price: US$ 50 / Person. (Min 2 persons)
Book this tour here
Please register to review this tour.
Please login to add your review.